POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? : Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal..... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal.....
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Sep 2000 11:18:15
Message: <39B50D77.A3BBD8DA@my-dejanews.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> This sounds like the best so far. But you still might want to make a
> size limitation, like the total must be less than 200K or so unzipped.

I saw (was it on p.b.t?) a link to a 9MB tutorial in Word format.  I
wouldn't reject its "deserving to be"  9MB out of hand. But I'm also
loathe to d/l it as a run of the mill pov user.

The tutorial collection is actually the one I'm least confident in, in
that my intrusion into this area may be the least value-add to the pov
community.  In other words, the tut collection is the prong of the 10 best
CD project which I'd consider dropping with the least 'hurt feelings' on
my part.  I think it would be of greatest value to the customer to  have
unzipped, html, web-ring-like pages for browsing.  A subdirectory of
"here's 200 zipped files in 37 different formats; browse at your own risk"
is of such little value that I think it would be a waste to put on a CD. .
.